2005/02/15

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português

V-day blues: Securing Win 2K Pro

Well, i don't believe in celebrating "days" such as New Year, Valentines etc. My recent slogan regarding this: "Live life as if every day is a celebration". So, V-day came and went while i was busy with my stuff and study as usual. My computer seems to be feeling too lonely these days and it wouldn't have found a better time to express itself than on a V-day :) So it started annoying me more (than the standard micro$oft average per day) while working under Win 2000 Pro (the better side of the harddisk has RedHat FC 3 ).

Last night, after dinner, I started reviewing the security of my Win 2k system and started hardening it further including tweaking the tcp/ip settings. Though it took me the whole night to fix things up and tighten things further (and sampling a bunch of software along the way). I am glad i did it again, the first time being after install and config. This exercise has proved to me again why Windows Admins should be paid more than Unix Admins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home